Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit,
but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves;
do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities.
For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
As Christians, we want all our decisions to be based on the Word of God. The changes we have made to our worship services,
classes and other gatherings align with the Bible's teaching. We do not believe that most of the Washington State
requirements for church meetings conflict with our ability and responsibility to work toward our mission
(To celebrate the greatness of God with all we are for the joy, hope, and renewal of our community).
The purpose of these changes is to protect our members, attenders, visitors and community at large.
Snohomish County is in Phase 3 as of this update.
- Online Access to Services, Classes and Other Meetings
- Social Distancing
- 6 feet between family groups and/or individuals
- Up to 2 family groups may sit together, not to exceed 15 people
- Maximum 50% capacity: this equates to 50 people in the sanctuary
- Rows moved six feet apart
- Second worship service added at 9:45am
- Facial Coverings Worn at All Times
- This applies to everyone: worshippers and worship leaders
- Reduced Number of In-Person Meetings
- Because of building capacity limitations, we have made the decision to have all other classes online
(e.g., Sunday School,
Mid‑week Bible Studies,
Prayer Meetings), using Zoom video conferencing software.
- Reduced Physical Contact
- No bulletins
- No coffee, tea or snacks
- Offering basket in foyer, not passed around
- Welcome cards, offering envelopes available in foyer, not in seat backs
- Individually pre-packaged Communion bread and cups available in foyer, not passed around
- Secure online giving and PO Box address are now available
- Additional Cleaning and Sanitation
- High-touch hard surfaces are cleaned before and after each meeting
- Touch-free faucets and soap dispensers in restrooms
- Additional Signage and Reminders
- "Face Coverings Required", CDC "Stop the Spread of Germs"
- Reminders in announcements
- Improved Ventilation
- Furnace fan running whenever the building is occupied
- Windows open to allow in fresh air
- Additional air cleaners in use
- Hand Sanitizer, Tissues, Disposable Face Masks and Trash Cans
- Available in foyer and throughout the building
- Outdoor Services
- When weather permits, we have worship services outdoors, increasing our capacity to 400 people
- Social distancing and face covering requirements are the same as indoors
- "Cry Room" with Video Monitor
- A room is set up with live video feed during worship services to accomodate anyone who feels ill or needs additional privacy
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
~ Jesus, Matthew 11:28-30